What type of hen party should I choose?
At Polestars we like to ensure that our guests enjoy the best possible hen activity, which will suit their group perfectly. We have put this guide together to relieve some of the stress of planning a hen party and to help you answer that tricky question; What type of hen party should I choose?
Be sure to consider the following factors before deciding on an activity:
- The age of the group. If you are all a similar age there is a good chance that you will all have similar interests. However, if the bride has invited both her eighteen year old sister and eighty year old Nan then try to find a way to meet in the middle with something that everyone can enjoy.
- The fitness of the group. For certain activities you need to understand that not everybody will be able to partake. Some parties are high adrenaline activities and these will not be ideal for pregnant women, elderly members of the group or those with health problems. Check this out before you make a booking.
- Male friends coming along. HAG (hen and stag) parties are becoming increasingly popular in modern years. For this reason you will need to make sure that you choose an activity that will be good for both men and women. Adventurous groups may wish to view our stag party website too.
Once you understand how the group will fit together you can then decide how to plan your day around all the different needs of those going. Here is a list of everything the Polestars offer and what sort of people that the suit.
Dancing Hen Parties
At Polestars we favour ourselves on our dance classes. We are a specialist provider of dance classes for hen activities, what with our professional and fully trained teachers who work nationwide. Our dance parties are listed below to explain the groups that they will suit:
- Classy hen parties. We offer salsa classes that teach ladies how to be sensual. Polestars ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ class demonstrates how our customers can become ballroom queens! Both the salsa and ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ hen parties are fantastic for guys who want to come along too!
- Energetic hen parties Some of our dance classes require a lot of energy! The classic Can-Can party is two hours’ worth of non-stop, high kicking fun! This is the same as our ‘Single Ladies’ dance class and the street dance session. Our cheerleading hen party is also non-stop but incredibly fun too. Be prepared to need a nap before hitting the town after these activities!
- Sexy hen parties As already mentioned, the burlesque class aims to teach ladies to be sexy and sensual, the pole dancing class also offers this but with added energy! Be warned, there is a good chance that you may become addicted to this sexy routine! Our belly dancing class is always popular, and we provide the sexy belts for you to enjoy throughout your party. These classes are the ideal place to learn some new tricks to show off to the handsome-to-be!
Adventure Hen Parties
Not all ladies want to a relaxing hen party. More and more hens are requesting adventure hen weekends and we have some fantastic products that suit these ladies perfectly!
- Surfing hen parties. Learn some brand new surfing skills with our fully trained surf instructors in either Devon or Newquay. After just a few hours with us you’ll be a pro!
- Glamping. This is a hen party like no other! Take a weekend away in the beautiful English countryside and camp out in style in either a yurt, tepee, bell tent or wigwam. Be greeted with an afternoon tea served in vintage tea sets then settle into your luxury tent before being taken on a foraging tour of our new local area. Be prepared to have to wild cocktails made for you while you take party in glamping games. Our wonderful guides will then prepare you a gourmet dinner. Follow this with more cocktails and a session in our outside sauna. Adventurous but relaxing – the perfect hen party for girls looking to escape the city!
Relaxing hen parties
Relaxing hen parties are great for ladies who just want to chill out. These should be considered if there are older ladies in the group, or even younger girls and mums-to-be!
- Food hen parties Polestars offer a range of food workshops that are much more relaxing experience for everyone. Our cupcake party teaches ladies how to decorate pre-made cupcakes like a professional, where our chocolate making class teaches hens the history of chocolate whilst indulging into making and testing the glorious treats. The sushi workshop is a fantastically elegant class for anybody wanting to learn the ancient art of sushi. Of course all of these classes are run by trained teachers.
- Art hen parties Polestars offer two art parties that are fantastic for hens. Our life drawing class is ever popular, with the charming male models and excellent tutors! Then there is a fascinator making class which can team up with our burlesque classes amazingly!
- Make up and photo shoot hen parties Why not start your hen night being pampered with a makeover followed by a photo shoot? Our trained makeup artists can either give you a vintage or a glam look. This takes all the pressure off of getting yourself ready and you get to walk away with a set of fantastic shots!
If you are still stuck when deciding which hen party to book you can always call our office on 020 7274 4865 for more advice. Our bookings team are hen party experts who are only too happy to help!