Red wine – Chocolate – CakePosted by Alice on April 28 2015.
Today I want to share my favourite cake recipe with you. I am really in love with baking – I see it as some relaxing time after an exhausting day. The following recipe is very easy to copy and will still impress the people at the next birthday party.
Red wine – Chocolate – Cake
For the topping you can either use chocolate glazing or icing sugar.
1. Preheat oven on 180°C / gas 4.
2. Separate 4 eggs; beat the egg whites until stiff
and put the bowl into the fridge.
3. Put the 4 egg yolks with 200g sugar and 200g soft butter in a separate mixing bowl and work into a
smooth mixture with a mixer for about 3 minutes.
4. Take another bowl and mix 250g flour, 100g dark chocolate shavings, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp
unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 tsp cinnamon.
5. Add alternating the flour mixture and 125ml red wine to the egg yolk mixture. Keep mixing for about 3 minutes.
6. Take the egg whites out of the fridge, add 1/3 of it to the batter and mix again for 1 minute. Fold the
rest of the egg whites carefully in.
7. Put batter into a buttered and floured cake tin. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes and cool it.
8. Choose your favoured topping and serve.