Marketing & PR Internship
List of Life Ltd are offering a marketing based work experience opportunity.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a work experience position, so it is unpaid.
List of Life is a company started by Heath Gardiner and Frank Cooper 7 years ago. We have 5 full time employees with over 200 contracted staff. Our brands include Polestars (http://www.polestars.net) and List of Life corporate services (www.listoflife.com). are looking for someone to assist our Marketing officer in her role. Your role may involve working on any of our brands depending on our marketing needs.
The office environment is well motivated, fun and up beat. This will suit someone who is looking to get into PR or marketing and ideally has some relevant experience or training. We are looking for someone who can come in pretty much full time and we would be looking for a minimum of a month’s commitment.
We will assist you with putting together a CV at the end of your time with us and will help where possible with job searching.
If you are interested please send a cover letter explaining why you are right for the position along with your c.v. to us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is the range of jobs that you may be involved with. You will be expected to help out with general office duties, the PR role will vary according to our workload. However we are aware that you are here to get PR / marketing experience and will try our best to ensure that you get a wide range of jobs to do.
- Writing and managing outbound email
- Writing monthly newsletters
- Writing and sending out press releases
- Following up press releases with phone calls
- Answering in coming press enquiries
- Keeping adequate records of all press contact
- Maintaining and updating the website
- Writing new content or copy for the website
- Assisting with website optimisation and search engine marketing
- Lisitng Polestars dates on various websites and other SEO tasks
- Assisting with marketing events
- Building and maintaining press databases
- Organising PR / marketing events where necessary
- Distributing flyers and marketing materials
- Understanding of Polestars brand, and ability to communicate it effectively
- Research projects
- Sales projects
- Answering phone to customers and taking bookings
- Answering customer emails
- Compiling and sending out registers to students
- Taking and processing orders for shoes and clothes
- Chasing customer payments
- Managing outbound emails
- Updating website
General Office Duties
- Answering the phone
- Assisting with office tidiness
- Attending company meetings
- Any other duties as required
- Good organisation skills
- Good administration skills
- Ability to deal with customers on the telephone.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Creative writing skills
- Experience and/or training in marketing / PR
- Desire to enter into the PR industry
- Basic understanding of Photoshop and design
Only applications with both a cover letter and CV will be considered