Hen Party GamesPosted by Holly Anderson on June 8 2017.
A party would not be perfect without hen party games , but for these to be successful careful planning must be involved. Understanding the dynamics of the group of ladies that will be attending the big night or weekend is key when thinking about the sort of games ideas, you will be playing.
Hen Do Games – Top Picks
big night party games that will include everyone in the group
- Don’t entirely plan all your games based upon the assumption that everyone is a big drinker – holding the friend’s hair back because she has forfeited too many dares won’t be fun for anyone involved. Non-drinkers won’t be best pleased either.
Hen party themes
Planning games around the theme of your party is an absolute sure fire way to keep every girl pleased. Many ladies are opting for weekends away abroad with the party theme being based around the culture of wherever it is that they are going.
- Parisian attire: think 1920’s flappers, mime artists and Moulin Rouge style burlesque outfits. Then have a competition to see who can order the most drinks in French without messing up (a French dictionary might come in handy!)
- Spanish garb: Fling on that Flamenco dress and cart the bride-to-be about to a chorus of clapping castanets, whoever spins around in their whirling dress the longest wins (maybe leave your high heels back at the hotel)
Glamorous camping games
Polestars Glamping trips are very popular each summer and we always advise our customers to have a careful think about how they would like their weekend plan out, this includes what they would like to dinner, the type of drinks they want and even the games they would like to play.
- A game of rounders is a really fun way to bring back some childhood memories and to get everybody involved.
- Since you will be spending the night in the wilderness your guides will probably try to involve you in some foraging. Wild cocktails which will make a great accompaniment to some outdoorsy dares, like climbing a tree or streaking around the campsite.
Of course, not everybody is an outdoorsy type, with some preferring the comfort of the city lights. Polestars work across the country to deliver activities in every city. Our dance parties lead nicely onto planning some dancing games for when you hit the town in the evening.
- Make some space on the dance floor to show off the new routine you’ve all learned. Thriller, Single Ladies or classic 80s moves; all are a sure way to have your group bonding well and have the rest of club laughing!
- The Sex Education Class is based around a serious of naughty games that you can take home to try out. Try out your new skills in the art of seduction. Pick up skills in how to give a lap dance and dare each other to find a lucky guy to give one to on your night out!
When having a pre-drink at home before your big night is probably the best time to get involved with some hen do games. On most hen nights there will be people who do not know the majority of the group so it’s great to get everyone involved from the start into hen night games.
- ‘Ugliest picture’ is a hilarious game that all the friends of the bride-to-be will love! Dig out all of the worst pictures that you can find of the groom to shock the bride. Whoever’s picture makes her laugh (or cry for that matter) is crowned the winner.
- One game that is often played in a Polestars Life Drawing Class but can also be played at home is the ‘make a man’ game. Here each person will be given a body part to draw of a man; maybe the bride should be given the ‘money shot’! The finished product will be a strange Picasso-style drawing that you will definitely have everybody laughing.
There really is so much planning to hen party games and it is so important to get everything just right so to keep everybody happy. Drop us an email if you’d like more ideals or help with your planning.