Guide to January Sales & 2016 FashionPosted by Wilson Drew on June 7 2017.
It’s that time of year again, you’ve dealt with Christmas, survived Boxing Day, just about got through New Year and now it’s time for even more sales. It can be daunting, crowds of people, limited stock and most things at a heavily discounted price. So what exactly should you be looking for in the January sales and what can you buy to get a head of the rest with 2016’s fashion trends? More importantly, how are you going to navigate the shops?
1. Plan your route: Where you’re going, in what order, and what especially you are looking for.
2. Bring water and munchies: You might not have time for a sit down with a hot drink, bring a bottle of water and some snacks to keep you going.
3. Keep a clear head: Sales can be tempting but if you wouldn’t have bought it in the first place, you won’t need to buy it now.
4. Go for bigger savings: Think of what you buy as an investment, in my opinion it’s better to buy something that has a higher value at a discounted price, than something cheaper with a relatively small discount. This is especially true of designer clothes and accessories.
5. Dress for the occasion: You might have to wait in queues outside or trudge the high street, make sure you’re wearing something warm and suitable for the occasion and you’ve got your most comfy shoes on, you’ll be on your feet for quite a while
6. Avoid it all: Sit back with a cup of tea and your feet up and shop online. You might even want to get someone else to answer the door when it all arrives.
Sales buying guide:
- 70’s inspired everything: A huge upcoming trend in 2016
- Floral print: Big, bold and all over
- Flared trousers: Skinny’s are out!
- Faux Fur: Seems to always be in fashion
- Denim: Back to that all over look
- Platforms: Who doesn’t want to be taller
2016 Spring Trends:
- 70’s inspired everything
- Lace dresses
- Pajama style
- Latin Ruffles
- Solid Stripes
- Pinks, Oranges and bright dye effects,
- Bomber Jackets
- Romanticism: Pastels, feathers, fur, chiffon and sheer
- Head to toe floral print
And from everyone here at Polestars, Happy New Year and see you in 2016